Mt Baw Baw alpine village is Melbourne’s closest downhill ski resort offering a fun, safe and affordable snow experience through winter and endless hours of outdoor adventure year round.
Situated at the Southern boundary of the Victorian Alps, Mt Baw Baw boasts over 35 hectares of downhill terrain, seven lifts, three terrain parks, 10km of cross country ski trails, three snow play areas and unlimited terrain amongst the snow gums to explore.
- Mt Baw Baw is only 2.5hrs from Melbourne, 3 hrs from the Mornington Peninsula & 1hr from the heart of Gippsland.
- Mt Baw Baw is located 120 km east of Melbourne and 50 km north of the Latrobe Valley.
- Mt Baw Baw is a family friendly alpine resort, offering affordable on-mountain family accommodation packages, snowsports lessons, snow play, snowboarding beginner to intermediate terrain parks, cross-country, downhill skiing, dog sled tours and a diverse range of off snow activities.
- Over 35 hectares of terrain providing visitors with groomed runs, seven ski lifts, three snow play areas, 10kms of groomed x-country ski trails and unlimited terrain amongst the snowgums to explore.
- During the warmer months, Mt Baw Baw comes alive with spectacular wildflowers. The Mt Baw Baw Villages walking trails link to a wider network of trails within the Baw Baw National Park and the Great Alpine Walking Trail.
- Mt Baw Baw is a summer time adventure playground for downhill mountain biking with a national standard downhill trail plus kilometres of cross-country trails with natural features to test the best.
- The Village Restaurant offers delicious meals featuring locally sourced produce and spectacular views across West Gippsland. The Village Restaurant is also a popular venue for weddings, conferences and event. Phone 03 5165 1123 for bookings and function enquiries.
- The village, with its easy going vibe atmosphere and modern facilities caters for the day tripper and long term visitor. With accommodation, ski hire, food outlets, retail, medical and information centres all within easy walking distance of the car parks, the village is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area. During summer (October-May) the Resort offers full guest services from10 am Friday to Sunday evening only, accommodation is available for bookings during the week.
Please call and our friendly Guest Services team will be able to assist you!
Phone: 03 5165 1136