Plan your Trip
What To Bring during winter
- Waterproof gloves
- Waterproof snow boots
- Parka & Pants (available for hire on mountain)
- Beanie and scarf or neck warmer
- Thermal underwear
- Sunglasses and / or goggles
- Sunscreen (yes, you can get burnt at the snow!)
- Lip Balm
- Warm clothing (layers including skivvies & T-shirts)
- Waterproof / windproof clothing
- Money for a hot chocolate and lunch!
- Money for a lift ticket if you are hitting the slopes
- Ski or snowboard equipment (available for hire on the mountain)
- Bring a change of clothing to change into at the end of the day
Watch The Sun
In the Alps you can be exposed to strong direct sun and reflection from the snow, so you need to wear lots of sunscreen and protect your eyes from glare by always wearing sunglasses or goggles.
Try before you buy
If you’re new to the snow its best to rent your equipment before you buy. That way you can graduate to more advanced equipment as your skiing/boarding improves at an affordable rate. There are plenty of rental shops on the mountain so you can conveniently swap sizes and styles during your stay at Mt Baw Baw.
Click here for more information on equipment hire and sales.
- Organise your snow chains for your tyres. Click here for more information
- Plan where you are going to fill up with petrol, as there is no petrol at the resort!
- Spray suitable snow gear with waterproof spray a few days before you leave
Planning a weekend exploration?
Download the West Gippsland Hinterland Drive app for your iPad or smartphone to make the most of your journey!