About Mt Baw Baw
Melbourne’s closest DOWNHILL SKI Resort!
Mt Baw Baw is an all season alpine resort, open YEAR ROUND for summer and winter adventure. The resort caters for snowboarders, skiers and snow enthusiasts during winter and outdoor adventurers, hikers and bike riders during the summer months.
- Mt Baw Baw is only 2.5hrs from Melbourne, 3 hrs from the Mornington Peninsula & 1hr from the heart of Gippsland
- Mt Baw Baw is located 120 km east of Melbourne and 50 km north of the Latrobe Valley
- Given the nature of the terrain & the lift network, the Mt Baw Baw snowfields are ideal for the snowboarder, downhill & cross country skier during winter (June-August)
- With over 35 hectares of groomed runs, seven ski lifts, two snow play areas, 10kms of groomed x-country ski trails & unlimited terrain amongst the snowgums to explore, you will be hard pressed to find a better outdoor venue so close to Melbourne
- Mt Baw Baw is a family friendly alpine resort, offering dog sled tours during winter, group snowsports lessons and affordable family accommodation packages
- During the warmer months, Mt Baw Baw comes alive with spectacular wildflowers. The Resorts walking trails link to a wider network of trails within the Baw Baw National Park and also the Great Alpine Walking Trail. The Resort is also home to a national standard downhill mountain bike trail which is open most weekends during summer
- The Village Restaurant is open 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day) offering delicious meals using locally sourced produce and spectacular views across West Gippsland. The Village Restaurant also takes group bookings for conferences, special occasions and weddings. Ph 03 5165 1123
- The village, with its friendly atmosphere and modern facilities caters for the day tripper and long term visitor. With accommodation, ski hire, food outlets, retail, medical & information centres all within easy walking distance of the car parks, the village is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area!
More questions? Please give us a call and our lovely Guest Services team will be able to assist you!
Ph 03 5165 1136